Fred Taylor (1888-1917)
Huddersfield's Roll of Honour: 1914-1922
The following extract is from Huddersfield's Roll of Honour: 1914-1922 (2014) by J. Margaret Stansfield:
- TAYLOR, FRED. Corporal. No 24986. 2nd Battalion Duke of Wellington's Regiment. Born Huddersfield 25.6.1888. Educated Moldgreen Council School. Married. Lived 3 Standiforth Place, Dalton, Huddersfield. Employed as a woollen fettler and teaser at Commercial Mills, Firth Street, Huddersfield. Enlisted 10.8.1915. Killed during the Battle of Arras on 3.5.1917. Has no known grave. Commemorated ARRAS MEMORIAL TO THE MISSING.
- ROH:- Christ Church, Moldgreen.
Commonwealth War Graves Commission
- Corporal FRED TAYLOR
- regiment: Duke of Wellington's Regiment (West Riding)
- died: Thursday, May 3, 1917
- record ID: 1671984
- Commonwealth War Graves Commission (ID #1671984)
- Imperial War Museums: Lives of the First World War (ID #4369651)