Fred Sykes (c.1881-1917)
Huddersfield's Roll of Honour: 1914-1922
The following extract is from Huddersfield's Roll of Honour: 1914-1922 (2014) by J. Margaret Stansfield:
- SYKES, FRED. Private. No 35706. Labour Company, Lincolnshire Regiment. Born Holmfirth. Son of Henry and Ellen Sykes of Underbank, Holmfirth. Prior to the war was a Corporal in the Holmfirth Territorials and was disappointed because he was refused for active service on health grounds. He was determined to serve his country and subsequently joined a Labour Battalion in the Lincolnshire Regiment. Died of pneumonia, 27.4.1917, at the New Zealand Stationary Hospital, Amiens. He was 35 years of age. Buried St. PIERRECEMETERY, AMIENS. Grave location:- Plot 7, Row C, Grave 8.
- ROH:- Underbank War Memorial.
Commonwealth War Graves Commission
- Private T. FRED SYKES
- regiment: Lincolnshire Regiment
- died: Friday, April 27, 1917
- age: 35 years
- record ID: 205183
- Commonwealth War Graves Commission (ID #205183)
- Imperial War Museums: Lives of the First World War (ID #4341441)