Fred Shaw (c.1898-2/Aug/1917)
Huddersfield's Roll of Honour: 1914-1922
The following extract is from Huddersfield's Roll of Honour: 1914-1922 (2014) by J. Margaret Stansfield:
- SHAW, FRED. Private. No 242354. 12th Battalion East Surrey Regiment. Born Honley, Huddersfield. Son of William and Sarah Ann Shaw, 43 Hope Bank, Honley. Employed as a fettler by Messrs Thomas Dyson and Sons, Deanhouse Mills. Attended Netherthong Free Church Sunday School. Reported missing, presumed killed, 2.8.1917, aged 19 years. Has no known grave. Commemorated MENIN GATE MEMORIAL TO THE MISSING.
- ROH:- Honley War Memorial.
Commonwealth War Graves Commission
- Private FRED SHAW
- regiment: East Surrey Regiment
- died: Thursday, August 2, 1917
- age: 19 years
- record ID: 916405
- History of Netherthong: Netherthong and its WW1 heroes
- Commonwealth War Graves Commission (ID #916405)
- Imperial War Museums: Lives of the First World War (ID #3984647)