Fred Pogson (c.1889-1917)
Huddersfield's Roll of Honour: 1914-1922
The following extract is from Huddersfield's Roll of Honour: 1914-1922 (2014) by J. Margaret Stansfield:
- POGSON, FRED. Private. No 268691. 2/7th Battalion West Yorkshire Regiment. Born Wooldale, Holmfirth. Son of Mrs J. F. Dawson, Rotcher Bottom, Holmfirth. Educated Lane Bottom School and Holmfirth National School. After leaving school was employed by Messrs H. and S. Butterworth, Lower Mills, Holmfirth, and then by Mr Fred Lawton, Bridge Mills, Holmfirth. A member of the Holmfirth Cricket and Athletic Club and also of the Holmfirth Conservative Club. Was a bass player in the Wooldale Brass Band. Enlisted 14.10.1916. Embarked for France on 7.1.1917. Reported missing, presumed killed, at the Battle of Cambrai on 28.11.1917. Has no known grave. Commemorated CAMBRAI MEMORIAL TO THE MISSING.
- ROH:- Holmfirth War Memorial.
Commonwealth War Graves Commission
- Rifleman FRED POGSON
- regiment: West Yorkshire Regiment
- died: Wednesday, November 28, 1917
- record ID: 1755993
- Commonwealth War Graves Commission (ID #1755993)
- Imperial War Museums: Lives of the First World War (ID #3542095)