Fred Hargreaves (1878-1917)
An ongoing project to commemorate and research the lives of those who appear on war memorials and rolls of honour in the local area, who served in the military, or whose deaths were linked to conflict.
Huddersfield's Roll of Honour: 1914-1922
The following extract is from Huddersfield's Roll of Honour: 1914-1922 (2014) by J. Margaret Stansfield:
- HARGREAVES, FRED. Private. No 31499. 11 Platoon, 'C' Company, 2/4th Battalion Duke of Wellington's Regiment. Born Armley, Leeds, 2.4.1878. Employed as a painter by the London and North Western Railway Company. Husband of Emma J. Hargreaves, 15 Hall Bower, Newsome, Huddersfield. Enlisted 18.3.1917. Killed in action at Bourlon Wood, 27.11.1917. Buried ORIVAL WOOD CEMETERY. Grave location:- Plot 2, Row B, Grave 14.
Commonwealth War Graves Commission
- Private HARGREAVES
- regiment: Duke of Wellington's Regiment (West Riding)
- died: Tuesday, November 27, 1917
- record ID: 338545
- Commonwealth War Graves Commission (ID #338545)
- Imperial War Museums: Lives of the First World War (ID #1558718)