Fred Cox (1893-1917)
Huddersfield's Roll of Honour: 1914-1922
The following extract is from Huddersfield's Roll of Honour: 1914-1922 (2014) by J. Margaret Stansfield:
- COX, FRED. Private. No 42014. 2/5th Battalion West Yorkshire Regiment. Born Manchester 1.3.1893. Both parents deceased. Brother of Albert Cox, 18 Church Lane, Moldgreen. Educated at Moldgreen Council School. Lived 5 Church Lane, Moldgreen, Huddersfield. Employed as a tailor by Mr Wilkinson of Cloth Hall Street. Single. Enlisted 24.1.1917. Reported missing, presumed killed, at the Battle of Cambrai, 22.11.1917, aged 24 years. Has no known grave. Commemorated on the CAMBRAI MEMORIAL TO THE MISSING.
- ROH:- Christ Church, Moldgreen.
Commonwealth War Graves Commission
- Private FRED COX
- regiment: West Yorkshire Regiment
- died: Thursday, November 22, 1917
- age: 24 years
- record ID: 1752174
- Commonwealth War Graves Commission (ID #1752174)
- Imperial War Museums: Lives of the First World War (ID #989381)