Fred Buckley (c.1884-1918)
Huddersfield's Roll of Honour: 1914-1922
The following extract is from Huddersfield's Roll of Honour: 1914-1922 (2014) by J. Margaret Stansfield:
- BUCKLEY, FRED. Private. No 241695. 9th Battalion Duke of Wellington's Regiment. Born Linthwaite. Son of John and Mary Buckley of Barber Row, Linthwaite. Employed as a weaver by Messrs George Mallinson and Sons. Attended the Linthwaite Wesleyan Sunday School. Enlisted March, 1916, and embarked for France about Christmas time of the same year. Came home on leave in September, 1918, and was killed in action, 12.10.1918, aged 34 years. Buried SELRIDGE BRITISH CEMETERY. Grave location:- Plot 2, Row D, Grave 10.
- ROH:- Linthwaite War Memorial.
Commonwealth War Graves Commission
- Private FRED BUCKLEY
- regiment: Duke of Wellington's Regiment (West Riding)
- died: Saturday, October 12, 1918
- age: 34 years
- record ID: 595334
- Commonwealth War Graves Commission (ID #595334)
- Imperial War Museums: Lives of the First World War (ID #584149)