Fred Bray (1896-1918)
Huddersfield's Roll of Honour: 1914-1922
The following extract is from Huddersfield's Roll of Honour: 1914-1922 (2014) by J. Margaret Stansfield:
- BRAY, FRED. Private. No 241964. 2/5th Battalion West Yorkshire Regiment. Born Parkgate, Berry Brow 8.4.1896. Son of George and Elizabeth Bray, 'The Boot and Shoe Inn', Scholes, Thongsbridge. Educated at Berry Brow Council School and Hillhouse Higher Elementary School. Attended Berry Brow Wesleyan Church. Employed as a clerk by Messrs John Sutcliffe and Sons, Richmond Mills, Fitzwilliam Street, Huddersfield. Single. At the time of enlistment was living at 12 Caldercliffe Road, Berry Brow. Enlisted 2.3.1916. Had recently received a certificate from the General Officer Commanding his Division for distinguished conduct in the field. Killed in action, 24.5.1918, aged 22 years. Buried GOMMECOURT BRITISH CEMETERY No 2. Grave location:- Plot 4, Row H, Grave 21/22.
- ROH:- Armitage Bridge War Memorial.
- Brother of Private LEWIS BRAY, who died in Egypt, 10.12.1919.
Commonwealth War Graves Commission
- Commonwealth War Graves Commission (ID #589874)
- Imperial War Museums: Lives of the First World War (ID #477337)