Fred Baxter (c.1885-1917)
Huddersfield's Roll of Honour: 1914-1922
The following extract is from Huddersfield's Roll of Honour: 1914-1922 (2014) by J. Margaret Stansfield:
- BAXTER, FRED. Private. No 1987. 7th Battalion King's Own Yorkshire Light Infantry. Born Linthwaite. Lived 8 Slantgate, Linthwaite. Employed by Messrs Shaw and Hirst of Crosland Moor. Was a member of the Slaithwaite Brass Band. Died from pleurisy and pneumonia at Etaples Base Hospital, 22.12.1917, aged 32 years. Buried in ETAPLES MILITARY CEMETERY. Grave location:- Plot 31, Row D, Grave 1.
- ROH:- Linthwaite War Memorial.
Huddersfield Daily Examiner (02/Jan/1918):
Private FRED BAXTER (31). King's Own Yorkshire Light Infantry, whose wife and three children reside at 8, Slant Gate, Linthwaite, has died from illness in France. Before joining the army in September 1914. Pte. Baxter was employed by Messrs. Shaw and Hirst, Crosland Hill, and was a member of the Slaithwaite Brass Band.
Commonwealth War Graves Commission
- Private FRED BAXTER (1987)
- regiment: King's Own Yorkshire Light Infantry
- died: Saturday, December 22, 1917
- record ID: 498906
- Commonwealth War Graves Commission (ID #498906)
- Imperial War Museums: Lives of the First World War (ID #248856)