Frank Sheard (1897-1918)
Huddersfield's Roll of Honour: 1914-1922
The following extract is from Huddersfield's Roll of Honour: 1914-1922 (2014) by J. Margaret Stansfield:
- SHEARD, FRANK. Private. No 26407. 2nd Battalion Loyal North Lancashire Regiment. Born 5 Brick Bank, Almondbury, Huddersfield, 10.3.1897. Son of Joe Lister Sheard and Sarah E. Sheard. Educated Stile Common Council School and Almondbury Council School. Employed as a lithographic printer by Messrs W. H. Cook Limited, Market Place, Huddersfield. Single. Enlisted 1.4.1916. Had served in German East Africa, Egypt and France. Killed in action at Kemmel Hill on 28.8.1918, aged 21 years. Buried RENINGHELST NEW MILITARY CEMETERY, BELGIUM. Grave location:- Plot 5, Row B, Grave 9.
- ROH:- Almondbury War Memorial.
Commonwealth War Graves Commission
- Private FRANK SHEARD
- regiment: Loyal North Lancashire Regiment
- died: Wednesday, August 28, 1918
- age: 21 years
- record ID: 153046
- Commonwealth War Graves Commission (ID #153046)
- Imperial War Museums: Lives of the First World War (ID #3992199)