Frank Schofield (1891-1918)
Huddersfield's Roll of Honour: 1914-1922
The following extract is from Huddersfield's Roll of Honour: 1914-1922 (2014) by J. Margaret Stansfield:
- SCHOFIELD, FRANK. Private. No 202257. 2/4th Battalion Leicestershire Regiment. Formerly 1/5th Battalion Duke of Wellington's Regiment. Born Huddersfield 25.10.1891. Son of Mr and Mrs Arthur Schofield, 24 Ravensknowle Road, Dalton. Educated Huddersfield Higher Grade School and Huddersfield Technical College. Employed as a clerk in the Huddersfield office of the Sun Insurance Company. Attended Moldgreen United Methodist Church and Sunday School. Single. Enlisted 4.8.1914. Was taken prisoner on 24.3.1918 by the Germans, after 3 years and 7 months service. Shot in the bladder whilst a Prisoner of War and died of wounds on 1.4.1918, aged 26. Buried RUMAUCOURT COMMUNAL CEMETERY. Grave location:- Grave No. 65.
- ROH:- Christ Church, Moldgreen.
Commonwealth War Graves Commission
- Private SCHOFIELD
- regiment: Leicestershire Regiment
- died: Monday, April 1, 1918
- age: 26 years
- record ID: 325341
- Commonwealth War Graves Commission (ID #325341)
- Imperial War Museums: Lives of the First World War (ID #3924803)