Frank Micklethwaite (c.1893-1916)
Huddersfield's Roll of Honour: 1914-1922
The following extract is from Huddersfield's Roll of Honour: 1914-1922 (2014) by J. Margaret Stansfield:
- MICKLETHWAITE, FRANK. Rifleman. No C/7426. 18th Battalion King's Royal Rifle Corps. Born Kirkburton, Huddersfield. Son of Arthur and Ellen Micklethwaite, North Road, Kirkburton. Employed by Messrs John Kaye and Sons, Kings Mill, Huddersfield. Killed in action, 28.7.1916, aged 23 years. Buried BERKSHIRE CEMETERY EXTENSION, PLOEGSTREET, BELGIUM. Grave location:- Row G, Grave 11. His father received a letter from Captain Lester who wrote that, 'Rifleman Micklethwaite was returning from a listening post when he was killed. He had nearly reached the parapet when he was struck by a stray bullet which entered the left side and reached the heart'.
- ROH:- All Hallows Parish Church, Kirkburton.
Commonwealth War Graves Commission
- Rifleman FRANK MICKLETHWAITE
- regiment: King's Royal Rifle Corps
- died: Friday, July 28, 1916
- age: 22 years
- record ID: 94726
- Micklethwaites - Roll of Honour
- Commonwealth War Graves Commission (ID #94726)
- Imperial War Museums: Lives of the First World War (ID #3022551)