Frank Metcalfe Schofield (1895-1915)
Huddersfield's Roll of Honour: 1914-1922
The following extract is from Huddersfield's Roll of Honour: 1914-1922 (2014) by J. Margaret Stansfield:
- SCHOFIELD, FRANK METCALFE. Private. No 2268. 1/5th Battalion Duke of Wellington's Regiment. Born Huddersfield 3.10.1895. Son of Eleanor Rigg Schofield, 33 Springfield Terrace, Somerset Road, Huddersfield, and the late John Schofield. Educated Huddersfield College and Technical College. Employed as a cloth finisher. Single. Enlisted in 1912 in the local Territorials. Embarked for France April, 1915. Killed in action near Ypres, 17.11.1915, aged 20 years. Has no known grave. Commemorated MENIN GATE MEMORIAL TO THE MISSING.
- ROH:- Huddersfield Parish Church; Christ Church, Moldgreen; Huddersfield Drill Hall; Almondbury War Memorial.
Commonwealth War Graves Commission
- Private FRANK METCALFE SCHOFIELD
- regiment: Duke of Wellington's Regiment (West Riding)
- died: Wednesday, November 17, 1915
- age: 20 years
- record ID: 921512
- Commonwealth War Graves Commission (ID #921512)
- Imperial War Museums: Lives of the First World War (ID #3924945)