Frank Leslie Barker (1893-1915)
Huddersfield's Roll of Honour: 1914-1922
The following extract is from Huddersfield's Roll of Honour: 1914-1922 (2014) by J. Margaret Stansfield:
- BARKER, FRANK LESLIE. Private. No 21579. No 4 Company, 5th Battalion, 2nd Brigade, 1st Canadian Expeditionary Force. Born South End Farm, South Crosland, 22.6.1893. Son of Hector and Martha Barker, 26 Prince Royd, Birchencliffe. Educated at South Crosland Church School and Spring Grove Council School. Emigrated to Canada. Single. Was working as a cowboy at Moose Jaw when war was declared. Enlisted August 1915. Killed in action 'in a little village near Festubert', 22.5.1915, aged 22. Has no known grave. Commemorated on the VIMY RIDGE MEMORIAL TO THE MISSING CANADIAN FORCES.
- Brother of Private GEORGE BARKER.
Commonwealth War Graves Commission
- Private FRANK BARKER
- regiment: Canadian Infantry
- died: Saturday, May 22, 1915
- age: 22 years
- record ID: 1564963
- Commonwealth War Graves Commission (ID #1564963)
- Imperial War Museums: Lives of the First World War (ID #5558863)