Frank Hill (c.1880-1917)
An ongoing project to commemorate and research the lives of those who appear on war memorials and rolls of honour in the local area, who served in the military, or whose deaths were linked to conflict.
Huddersfield's Roll of Honour: 1914-1922
The following extract is from Huddersfield's Roll of Honour: 1914-1922 (2014) by J. Margaret Stansfield:
- HILL, FRANK. Private. No 43153. 9th Battalion King's Own Yorkshire Light Infantry. Formerly No 33320 Northumberland Fusiliers. Born Huddersfield. Son of the late Joseph and Ann Ellen Hill, 80 Wood Terrace, Primrose Hill, Huddersfield. Prior to enlistment, was employed as a healder and twister by Messrs Henry Roebuck and Company, Springdale Mills. Enlisted July 1916. Killed in action, 4.10.1917, aged 37 years. Has no known grave. Commemorated TYNE COT MEMORIAL TO THE MISSING.
Commonwealth War Graves Commission
- Private FRANK HILL
- regiment: King's Own Yorkshire Light Infantry
- died: Thursday, October 4, 1917
- age: 37 years
- record ID: 836544
- Commonwealth War Graves Commission (ID #836544)
- Imperial War Museums: Lives of the First World War (ID #1872901)