Frank Clegg (c.1897-1916)
Huddersfield's Roll of Honour: 1914-1922
The following extract is from Huddersfield's Roll of Honour: 1914-1922 (2014) by J. Margaret Stansfield:
- CLEGG, FRANK. Private. No 5561. 1/5th Battalion Duke of Wellington's Regiment. Born Milnsbridge. Son of Edwin and Grace Clegg, 1 Folly, Milnsbridge. Employed as a night piecer by Messrs John Lockwood and Sons Limited, Milnsbridge. A member of the Smith Ryding Working Men's Club and was a well known poultry fancier. Enlisted 30.3.1916. Embarked for France August, 1916. Reported missing in the attack on the Schwaben Redoubt, 3.9.1916. Has no known grave. Commemorated on the THIEPVAL MEMORIAL TO THE MISSING.
- ROH:- Huddersfield Drill Hall.
Commonwealth War Graves Commission
- Private FRANK CLEGG
- regiment: Duke of Wellington's Regiment (West Riding)
- died: Sunday, September 3, 1916
- age: 19 years
- record ID: 760759
- Commonwealth War Graves Commission (ID #760759)
- Imperial War Museums: Lives of the First World War (ID #852742)