Frank Bamforth (c.1891-1917)
An ongoing project to commemorate and research the lives of those who appear on war memorials and rolls of honour in the local area, who served in the military, or whose deaths were linked to conflict.
Huddersfield's Roll of Honour: 1914-1922
The following extract is from Huddersfield's Roll of Honour: 1914-1922 (2014) by J. Margaret Stansfield:
- BAMFORTH, FRANK. Private. No 25020. 8th Battalion Duke of Wellington's Regiment. Born Slaithwaite. Second son of Mr and Mrs George Bamforth, Union Street, Slaithwaite. Employed in the office of the Globe Worsted Company Limited, Slaithwaite. Was a member of the Slaithwaite Cricket Club and of the Slaithwaite Conservative Club. Enlisted February 1916, training at Clipstone Camp. Sailed for France on Christmas Day, 1916. Killed in action, 27.8.1917, 26 years. Buried in POELCAPELLE BRITISH CEMETERY, BELGIUM. Grave location:- Plot 34, Row E, Grave 20.
- ROH:- Slaithwaite War Memorial; St. James' Church, Slaithwaite.
Commonwealth War Graves Commission
- Private BAMFORTH
- regiment: Duke of Wellington's Regiment (West Riding)
- died: Monday, August 27, 1917
- record ID: 491156
- Commonwealth War Graves Commission (ID #491156)
- Imperial War Museums: Lives of the First World War (ID #226647)