Frank Bairstow (c.1879-1917)
An ongoing project to commemorate and research the lives of those who appear on war memorials and rolls of honour in the local area, who served in the military, or whose deaths were linked to conflict.
Huddersfield's Roll of Honour: 1914-1922
The following extract is from Huddersfield's Roll of Honour: 1914-1922 (2014) by J. Margaret Stansfield:
- BAIRSTOW, FRANK. Private. No 216720. 1st Canadian Mounted Rifles. Born Huddersfield. Son of Mr and Mrs S. Bairstow of Huddersfield. Emigrated to Canada in 1908. Was living in Winnipeg, Canada, prior to the outbreak of the war. Reported wounded and missing on April 10th, 1917, and afterwards presumed to have been killed on that date. He was 37 years of age. Has no known grave. Commemorated VIMY RIDGE MEMORIAL TO THE MISSING.
- ROH:- St. John the Evangelist Church, Birkby; Fartown and Birkby War Memorial.
Commonwealth War Graves Commission
- Private FRANK BAIRSTOW
- regiment: 1st Canadian Mounted Rifles Battalion
- died: Tuesday, April 10, 1917
- age: 37 years
- record ID: 1564888
- Commonwealth War Graves Commission (ID #1564888)
- Imperial War Museums: Lives of the First World War (ID #5554864)