Frank Arthur Pilkington (1898-1917)
Huddersfield's Roll of Honour: 1914-1922
The following extract is from Huddersfield's Roll of Honour: 1914-1922 (2014) by J. Margaret Stansfield:
- PILKINGTON, FRANK ARTHUR. Private. No 27014. 98th Company, Machine Gun Corps. Formerly No R/18728 King's Royal Rifle Corps. Born Sheepridge, Huddersfield, 5.2.1898. Son of Herbert and Sarah Jane Pilkington, 71 Deighton Road, Huddersfield. Educated Deighton Council School and Hillhouse Higher Elementary School. Employed as a scourer by Messrs Crowther and Nicholson, Ashbrow Mills. Single. Enlisted 8.2.1916. Wounded, 13.7.1916, during the Battle of the Somme. Wounded by shell fire at Vimy Ridge, 6.7.1917. Died at No 3 General Hospital, Le Treport, of shell wounds, followed by pneumonia on 16.7.1917, aged 19 years. Buried MONT HUON MILITARY CEMETERY. Grave location:- Plot 4. Row A. Grave 11a.
- ROH:- Sheepridge Providence United Methodist Sunday School; Christ Church, Woodhouse Hill.
Commonwealth War Graves Commission
- Private FRANK ARTHUR PILKINGTON
- regiment: Machine Gun Corps
- died: Monday, July 16, 1917
- age: 19 years
- record ID: 119939