GEOGRAPHIC STUB (LOCATION UNKNOWN)
This page is a bare-bones entry for a specific location, although the exact geographic location is uncertain. More detailed information may eventually be added. If you know exactly where this was located, please leave a comment!
- location: Beast Market, Huddersfield
- status: does not exist
- category: public house, beerhouse, inn, etc.
The beerhouse was owned by William Taylor circa 1880, with Dan Armitage becoming the licencee in March 1882, taking over from previous landlord George Henry Chapman. By November 1886, the landlord was named in the press as beer retailer William Knight.
The property was demolished prior to the 1895 Brewster Sessions and presumably replaced with the building which now occupies the site.
Another inn of the same name existed at 39 Manchester Road, where licensed victualer Albert Crosland was the landlord at the time of the 1901 Census.
- 1861 — beerhouse keeper Thomas Parish
The 1861 Census records the beerhouse as being at 18 Beast Market, between the Bull's Head Inn and the Boy and Barrel Inn. The most likely location is given below: