Fly Boat Hotel, Colne Street, Aspley
GEOGRAPHIC STUBThis page is a bare-bones entry for a location which appears on an historic Ordnance Survey map. More detailed information may eventually be added...
- also known as: Flyboat Inn
- location: corner of Colne Street, Aspley
- status: still exists but now under a different use
- category: public house, beerhouse, inn, etc.
- notes: was "The Flyboat" but seemingly closed in 2012 and was converted to student accommodation
The premises was acquired by Halifax brewery Thomas Ramsdens & Sons (Stone Trough Brewery) in November 1932. The brewery successfully objected to the licence being cancelled on the grounds of redundancy at the Brewster Sessions of 1934.
Historic England Listing
- Grade II
- first listed 29 September 1978
- listing entry number 1134292
COLNE STREET (East Side). The Fly Boat Public House. Mid C19. Ashlar. Hipped stone slate roof. 2 storeys. Continuous 1st floor sill. Rounded corner. 5 ranges of sashes to west side, one to south side. 2 doors, one with 4 fielded panels.