This page is a bare-bones entry for a location which appears on an historic Ordnance Survey map. More detailed information may eventually be added...
- appears on maps: 1851 [#462], 1890 [#1139]
- location on map: Kirk Gate, Huddersfield
- listed in: Baines (1822)
- status: still exists
- category: public house, beerhouse, inn, etc.
- notes: now "The Parish"
Historic England Listing
- Grade II
- first listed 29 September 1978
- listing entry number 1313502
KIRKGATE (South Side). The Fleece Public House.Probably C18, altered in mid or late C19. Hammer-dressed stone. Pitched stone slate roof. 2 storeys. Gutter on cut stone brackets apparently C19. Raised quoins probably C18. 5 ranges of sashes in plain raised surrounds. C19 door with 5 moulded panels and fanlight (with "Fleece Hotel" in stained glass lettering) in C19 wooden surround consisting of Tuscan pilasters taking broad fluted consoles which take moulded cornice and pediment.