Fir Inn, Firs, Longwood
- location: Firs, Longwood
- status: uncertain
- category: beerhouse
Advertised for sale at auction in 1858:
TO be SOLD by AUCTION, by Mr. B. THORNTON, at the house of Mr. William Haigh Dyson, the Angel Inn, Royd’s Hall, near Huddersfield, in the county of York, on Wednesday, the 2nd day of June, 1858, at Seven o’clock in the evening, subject to such conditions as will be then produced, in one lot, all that newly-erected and substantially stone-built MESSUAGE or DWELLING-HOUSE, now used as a Beerhouse, called the Fir Inn, situate at Firs, near Royd’s Hall aforesaid, on the north side of and adjoining to the highway leading from Longwood Station to Paddock, with the vacant Land, Stable, Outbuildings, conveniences, and appurtenances thereto belonging, the whole containing a site of 380 superficial square yards, or thereabouts, now in the occupation of Samuel Garside or his under-tenants. The house contains three rooms on the ground floor, a large lodge room and chamber, good cellaring, and fixtures, is advantageously situate, and well adapted for carrying on a good business, being in a populous neighbourhood within three minutes’ walk of Longwood Station, on the London and North-Western Railway, and an easy distance of the town of Huddersfield, and is well supplied with excellent water. The premises are held on lease from Sir Joseph Radcliffe, Baronet, for a term of 999 years, from the first day of May, 1855, at an annual ground rent of £2 7s. 6d.
The exact location is currently unknown.
Notes and References
- "Sales by Auction" in Huddersfield Chronicle (15/May/1858).