This page is a bare-bones entry for a specific location. More detailed information may eventually be added...
- also known as: Field House
- appears on maps: 1905 [#57]
- location on map: off Lidget Street, Lindley
- status: still exists
- category: private house
Former residence of James Nield Sykes (J.P.), owner of Acre Mills.
A gatehouse designed by Edgar Wood of Manchester was built to the west on Crosland Road (now Low Hills Lane) with a meandering track leading to Field Head via Low Hill Well.
Historic England Listing
- Grade II
- first listed 29 September 1978
- listing entry number 1214998
LIDGET STREET (West Side). Lindley. Fieldhead. Mid C19. Ashlar. Pitched stone slate roof. Coped gable. Two storeys. Moulded eaves cornice. Blocking course. Three sashes on first floor. Two canted bays with sashes and moulded cornices on ground floor. Door with one moulded panel in Tuscan porch with full entablature and blocking course. Extension on south side: hipped stone slate roof: two storeys: moulded eaves cornice: blocking course: band: first floor sill band: continuous first floor impost moulding. Three segment-headed sashes to south. One paired segment-headed sash with colonnette on first floor of east side. One tripartite sash on ground floor, with moulded surround and consoles to moulded cornice. Fieldhead belonged to J N Sykes, patron and father-in-law of Edgar Wood, the Manchester architect.