Farnley Tyas Local Board
Farnley Tyas Local Board was the local authority body primarily responsible for issues relating to public health in the township of Farnley Tyas and was formed on 19 March 1862 with an initial membership of seven persons.
Typically elected by local rate payers and property owners, Local Boards were formed following the Public Health Act 1848 and the subsequent Local Government Act 1858, and had responsibility for the oversight of sewers, water supplies, public toilets, street cleaning, slaughterhouses, pavements, and burial grounds within their district.
Farnley Tyas Local Board was abolished towards the end of 1894 and was superseded by Farnley Tyas Urban District.
Farnley Tyas Local Board District
The extent of the local board district is shown (taken from the early 1890s O.S. maps) is given below: