This page is a bare-bones entry for a location which appears on an historic Ordnance Survey map. More detailed information may eventually be added...
- also known as: Fanny Keye's Yard (1851 map), Ramsden's Yard
- appears on maps: 1851 [#611], 1890 [#743]
- location on map: off Charles Street (no longer exists), with access to Manchester Street (no longer exists), Huddersfield
- status: no longer exists
- category: yard (Old Yards of Huddersfield reference: #44)
The Old Yards of Huddersfield doesn't identify Fanny Keye. Most likely it was Frances Kaye (born c.1797), wife of licensed victualler John Kaye, the licencee of the White Lion Hotel on Cross Church Street in the 1851 Census. She is also listed as the owned of the Granby Inn on Manchester Street in the Alehouse Licences.
Notes and References
- ↑ Born circa 1794, son of John Kaye of High Hoyland