The Falstaff Inn was sold at auction in August 1852:
CROSS GROVE STREET, HUDDERSFIELD.
THE FALSTAFF INN AND DWELLINGHOUSES.
All that newly-erected Stone-built DWELLINGHOUSE, situated on the upper side of Cross Grove Street, in Huddersfield, known as the Falstaff Inn, together with the Outbuildings, conveniences, and appurtenances thereto belonging, and the spacious Yard behind the buildings, and the open Gateway to the street, as the premises are now in the occupation of Mr. Joseph Hirst.
Also, the Two DWELLING-HOUSES situate respectively to the north and south and adjoining to the above mentioned premises, as the same are now severally occupied by William Cassons and William Hellawell.
The premises are well built and tenanted, and afford a good opportunity to the small capitalist for making an eligible investment.
By March 1857, the landlord was William Ratcliffe. By March 1866, it was William Marsland and, by 1876, it was Samuel Latham.
By the late 1870, the owner of the beerhouse was Harriet Holroyd and the licencee was Joseph Foster.
A friendly society by the name of "Falstaff Relief Association" was formed in 1887 and held their meetings at the inn. At the 1888 meeting, it was reported that there were 37 members and the amount paid to sick members had been doubled.
The premises closed for good in 1910 and compensation of £828 8s 1d was awarded. The final tenant had been Herbert Lockwood.
The exact location of where the Falstaff Inn stood is uncertain. In the 1881 Census it is recorded as 12 Cross Church Street, whilst the 1891 Census records it as 10 Cross Church Street. The location of the former (according to the 1960 O.S. map is given below):