This page is a bare-bones entry for a location which appears on an historic Ordnance Survey map. More detailed information may eventually be added...
- appears on maps: 1890 [#282]
- location on map: corner of Cloth Hall Street & Market Street, Huddersfield
- listed in: Baines (1822)
- status: still exists
- category: commercial buildings
Historic England Listing
- Grade II
- first listed 29 September 1978
- listing entry number 1216005
MARKET STREET (East Side). Exchange Buildings. C18 or early C19. Hammer-dressed stone. Hipped slate roof. Three storeys and attic. Four ranges of sashes to north; then gabled section with ball finial in which is one range of loading doors, now glazed, flanked by one C19 sash each: south end has one 2-light stone mullioned window over trabeated archway with ornamental cast iron gates.