Ernest Robinson (c.1888-1916)
Huddersfield's Roll of Honour: 1914-1922
The following extract is from Huddersfield's Roll of Honour: 1914-1922 (2014) by J. Margaret Stansfield:
- ROBINSON, ERNEST. Private. No 35343. 24th Company, Machine Gun Corps. Formerly No 19451 Duke of Wellington's Regiment. Born Shepley, Huddersfield. Son of Henry and Ruth H. Robinson, 3 Club Houses, Armitage Bridge. Employed at Armitage Bridge Mills. Enlisted March 1916. Reported missing, presumed killed, on 23.10.1916, during the Battle of the Somme. He was 28 years of age. Has no known grave. Commemorated THIEPVAL MEMORIAL TO THE MISSING.
- Brother of Private REGINALD ROBINSON killed in action, 26.8.1918.
Commonwealth War Graves Commission
- Private ERNEST ROBINSON
- regiment: Machine Gun Corps
- died: Monday, October 23, 1916
- record ID: 809347
- Commonwealth War Graves Commission (ID #809347)
- Imperial War Museums: Lives of the First World War (ID #3785857)