Ernest Richardson (1889-1915)
Huddersfield's Roll of Honour: 1914-1922
The following extract is from Huddersfield's Roll of Honour: 1914-1922 (2014) by J. Margaret Stansfield:
- RICHARDSON, ERNEST. Private. No 12205. 'B' Company, 2nd Battalion Duke of Wellington's Regiment. Born Marsh, 7.3.1889. Son of George and Emma Richardson, Marsh House Inn, Marsh. Educated Holy Trinity Church of England School. Employed as a tramcar cleaner by the Huddersfield Corporation Tramways Department. He was a time-expired soldier who volunteered for service at the outbreak of the war. Killed at Hill 60 on 18.4.1915. Has no known grave. Commemorated MENIN GATE MEMORIAL TO THE MISSING.
- ROH:- Marsh War Memorial.
Commonwealth War Graves Commission
- Private ERNEST RICHARDSON
- regiment: Duke of Wellington's Regiment (West Riding)
- died: Sunday, April 18, 1915
- record ID: 919995