Ernest Mitchell (c.1896-1916)
Huddersfield's Roll of Honour: 1914-1922
The following extract is from Huddersfield's Roll of Honour: 1914-1922 (2014) by J. Margaret Stansfield:
- MITCHELL, ERNEST. Corporal. No 5/4513. 1/5th Battalion Duke of Wellington's Regiment. Born Holmfirth. Son of George William and Emily Mitchell, 5 Back Stanley Street, Lockwood. Employed by Messrs J. Lumb and Sons Limited, Folly Hall, Huddersfield. Enlisted August 1915. Embarked for France in May, 1916. Struck by shrapnel and killed instantly, 31.7.1916, 20 years. Buried CONNAUGHT CEMETERY. Grave location:- Plot 3, Row M, Grave 10.
- ROH:- South Crosland and Netherton War Memorial; Emmanuel Church, Lockwood; Huddersfield Drill Hall.
Commonwealth War Graves Commission
- Private ERNEST MITCHELL
- regiment: Duke of Wellington's Regiment (West Riding)
- died: Monday, July 31, 1916
- age: 20 years
- record ID: 526840
- Commonwealth War Graves Commission (ID #526840)
- Imperial War Museums: Lives of the First World War (ID #3065676)