Ernest Kaye (1889-1917)
Huddersfield's Roll of Honour: 1914-1922
The following extract is from Huddersfield's Roll of Honour: 1914-1922 (2014) by J. Margaret Stansfield:
- KAYE, ERNEST. Private. No 35114. 25th (Tyneside Irish) Battalion Northumberland Fusiliers. Born Moldgreen, Huddersfield, in December 1889. Son of Arthur and Mary Kaye, 34 Mount Pleasant Street, Hill Top Road, Jolly Lane, Dalton. Educated Moldgreen Council School. Husband of Beatrice Kaye, 55 Ravensknowle Road, Moldgreen. Employed as a picture framer. Killed in action, 26.4.1917, 28. Buried ATHIES COMMUNAL CEMETERY EXTENSION. Grave location:- Row E, Grave 25.
- ROH:- Christ Church, Moldgreen.
Commonwealth War Graves Commission
- Private KAYE
- regiment: Northumberland Fusiliers
- died: Thursday, April 26, 1917
- age: 28 years
- record ID: 256945
- Commonwealth War Graves Commission (ID #256945)
- Imperial War Museums: Lives of the First World War (ID #2207713)