Ernest Kaye (1887-1918)
Huddersfield's Roll of Honour: 1914-1922
The following extract is from Huddersfield's Roll of Honour: 1914-1922 (2014) by J. Margaret Stansfield:
- KAYE, ERNEST. Private. No 42912. 7th/8th Battalion Royal Inniskilling Fusiliers. Born 16.3.1887. Son of Maria Kaye, Northgate, Almondbury. Educated Almondbury Council School. Employed as a cloth scourer by Messrs Walter Sykes Limited, Zetland Mills, Huddersfield. Husband of Lily Kaye, 14 Hudroyd, Almondbury. Was a member of Almondbury Liberal Club. Reported missing, 21.3.1918 and afterwards presumed to have been killed on that date. Has no known grave. Commemorated POZIERES MEMORIAL TO THE MISSING.
- ROH:- Almondbury War Memorial.
Commonwealth War Graves Commission
- Private ERNEST KAYE
- regiment: Royal Inniskilling Fusiliers
- died: Thursday, March 21, 1918
- record ID: 1583638
- Commonwealth War Graves Commission (ID #1583638)
- Imperial War Museums: Lives of the First World War (ID #2207717)