Ernest Hanson (1895-1917)
Huddersfield's Roll of Honour: 1914-1922
The following extract is from Huddersfield's Roll of Honour: 1914-1922 (2014) by J. Margaret Stansfield:
- HANSON, ERNEST. Private. No 240565. 2/5th Battalion Duke of Wellington's Regiment. Born 12 Industrial Street, Primrose Hill, Huddersfield, 28.4.1895. Son of Fred and Mary H. Hanson, 61 Cross Lane, Primrose Hill. Educated Stile Common Council School. Employed as a coach and motor trimmer. Single. Was a member of the Young Men's class at Queen Street Mission. Enlisted 30.10.1914. Reported missing, presumed killed, at the Battle of Bullecourt, 3.5.1917, aged 22 years. Has no known grave. Commemorated ARRAS MEMORIAL TO THE MISSING.
- Brother of Private ALBERT HAROLD HANSON killed in action, 20.9.1917.
Commonwealth War Graves Commission
- Private ERNEST HANSON
- regiment: Duke of Wellington's Regiment (West Riding)
- died: Thursday, May 3, 1917
- record ID: 785198
- Commonwealth War Graves Commission (ID #785198)
- Imperial War Museums: Lives of the First World War (ID #1542247)