Ernest Haigh (1893-1918)
Huddersfield's Roll of Honour: 1914-1922
The following extract is from Huddersfield's Roll of Honour: 1914-1922 (2014) by J. Margaret Stansfield:
- HAIGH, ERNEST. Private. No 3603. 'A' Company, 1st Battalion Honourable Artillery Company. Born Stile Common, Huddersfield, 4.5.1893. Son of Fred and Florrie Haigh, Rosedene, Dark Lane, St. Helens, Almondbury. Educated Stile Common Council School and Almondbury Grammar School. Employed as a picture frame maker. Single. Enlisted 30.5.1915. Wounded at Thiepval 27.10.1916. Suffered from shell shock and neurasthenia. Died at Dark Lane, Almondbury, 29.12.1918, after discharge from the army. Buried ALMONDBURY CEMETERY. Grave location:- 10, 'C', 13.
- ROH:- Almondbury Grammar School; Almondbury War Memorial; Fitzwilliam Street Unitarian Church, Huddersfield.
Commonwealth War Graves Commission
- Private ERNEST HAIGH
- regiment: Honourable Artillery Company
- died: Sunday, December 29, 1918
- age: 25 years
- record ID: 2752052
- Commonwealth War Graves Commission (ID #2752052)
- Imperial War Museums: Lives of the First World War (ID #1515230)