Ernest Chappell (1891-1917)
Huddersfield's Roll of Honour: 1914-1922
The following extract is from Huddersfield's Roll of Honour: 1914-1922 (2014) by J. Margaret Stansfield:
- CHAPPELL, ERNEST. Guardsman. No 21466. Coldstream Guards. Born Sunset Terrace, Birkby, 27.6.1891. Son of Eleanor Chappell, 49 Clement Street, Birkby. Educated at Thomas Street Council School. Employed as a grocer's traveller by the Cash Supplies Stores, New Street, Huddersfield. Enlisted 8.1.1917. Killed in action at the Battle of Cambrai, 27.11.1917. Has no known grave. Commemorated on the CAMBRAI MEMORIAL TO THE MISSING.
- Brother of Private STANLEY CHAPPELL, killed in action, 13.8.1915.
Commonwealth War Graves Commission
- Private ERNEST CHAPPELL
- regiment: Coldstream Guards
- died: Tuesday, November 27, 1917
- record ID: 1751871
- Commonwealth War Graves Commission (ID #1751871)
- Imperial War Museums: Lives of the First World War (ID #779847)