Ernest Arthur Carter (c.1891-1917)
Huddersfield's Roll of Honour: 1914-1922
The following extract is from Huddersfield's Roll of Honour: 1914-1922 (2014) by J. Margaret Stansfield:
- CARTER, ERNEST ARTHUR. Private. No 24167. 10th Battalion Duke of Wellington's Regiment. Born Kirkburton. Fifth son of Robert and Harriet Carter of Kirkburton; husband of Eva Carter, Slantgate, Kirkburton. Employed by Messrs Robert Carter and Sons, spade and shovel makers, Kirkburton. Embarked for France in October, 1916. Killed in action, 7.6.1917, aged 25 years. Buried LA BRIQUEMILITARY CEMETERY No 2, St. JEAN, BELGIUM. Grave location:- Plot 2, Row C, Grave 2.
- ROH:- All Hallows Parish Church, Kirkburton.
Commonwealth War Graves Commission
- Private ERNEST ARTHUR CARTER
- regiment: Duke of Wellington's Regiment (West Riding)
- died: Thursday, June 7, 1917
- age: 25 years
- record ID: 451055
- Commonwealth War Graves Commission (ID #451055)
- Imperial War Museums: Lives of the First World War (ID #730895)