Ernest Alwyn Chambers (1889-1918)
Huddersfield's Roll of Honour: 1914-1922
The following extract is from Huddersfield's Roll of Honour: 1914-1922 (2014) by J. Margaret Stansfield:
- CHAMBERS, ERNEST ALWYN. Sergeant. No 79994. 6th Armoured Car Company, Machine Gun Corps (Motors), attached Dunster Force. Born White Stones, Stocksmoor, 7.2.1889. Educated at Thurstonland Endowed Schools. Employed as a motor driver by Messrs Taylor and Littlewood Limited, Newsome Mills, Huddersfield. Married, with three children, living at Bankfoot, Almondbury. Enlisted 11.3.1918. Died of typhus in Mesopotamia, 19.9.1918. Has no known grave. Commemorated on the BASRA MEMORIAL, IRAQ.
- ROH:- Almondbury War Memorial; Messrs. Taylor and Littlewood, Newsome Mills.
Commonwealth War Graves Commission
- Serjeant ERNEST ALWYN CHAMBERS
- regiment: Machine Gun Corps
- died: Thursday, September 19, 1918
- record ID: 1656138