Eric Gordon Beaumont (c.1894-1915)
An ongoing project to commemorate and research the lives of those who appear on war memorials and rolls of honour in the local area, who served in the military, or whose deaths were linked to conflict.
Huddersfield's Roll of Honour: 1914-1922
The following extract is from Huddersfield's Roll of Honour: 1914-1922 (2014) by J. Margaret Stansfield:
- BEAUMONT, ERIC GORDON. Sergeant. No 15225. 8th Battalion Duke of Wellington's Regiment. Son of Albert and Emily Beaumont, Richmond House, 2 Richmond Avenue, Fartown. Employed as a commercial traveller by Messrs William Preston and Company, woollen merchants, Station Street, Huddersfield. Enlisted August 1914. Killed in action at the Dardenelles, 21.8.1915, aged 21 years. Has no known grave. Commemorated on the HELLES MEMORIAL TO THE MISSING, GALLIPOLI.
- ROH:- Christ Church, Woodhouse Hill; Fartown and Birkby War Memorial; commemorated on headstone in Kirkheaton Cemetery.
Commonwealth War Graves Commission
- Serjeant ERIC GORDON BEAUMONT
- regiment: Duke of Wellington's Regiment (West Riding)
- died: Saturday, August 21, 1915
- age: 21 years
- record ID: 698718
- Commonwealth War Graves Commission (ID #698718)
- Imperial War Museums: Lives of the First World War (ID #265365)