Ellery P. Ainley (c.1894-1917)
Huddersfield's Roll of Honour: 1914-1922
The following extract is from Huddersfield's Roll of Honour: 1914-1922 (2014) by J. Margaret Stansfield:
- AINLEY, ELLERY P. Private. No 3/10588. 2nd Battalion Duke of Wellington's Regiment. Son of Mr Shaw Ainley, 16 Lowergate, Longwood. Employed as a piecer at Messrs C. and J. Hirst's Mill, Longwood. Enlisted on August 4th, 1914. Killed in action at the Battle of Arras on 11.4.1917, aged 22 years. Has no known grave. Commemorated on the ARRAS MEMORIAL TO THE MISSING.
- ROH:- St. Mark's Parish Church, Longwood.
Commonwealth War Graves Commission
- Private ELLERY AINLEY
- regiment: Duke of Wellington's Regiment (West Riding)
- died: Wednesday, April 11, 1917
- record ID: 738274
- Commonwealth War Graves Commission (ID #738274)
- Imperial War Museums: Lives of the First World War (ID #662044)