Electric Theatre, Marsden

GEOGRAPHIC STUB
This page is a bare-bones entry for a specific location marked on an old map. More detailed information may eventually be added...

Details

  • location: Weir Side, Marsden
  • status: no longer exists
  • category: cinema

Opened in 1918 by the Leyland family, it was known locally as "Aunty Laura's". By 1939, Samuel Leyland[1] was the operator of the cinema. It closed in 1975 and was demolished following a collapse of the roof.[2]

Location

Notes and References

  1. Born 11 August 1891.
  2. Marsden - Then and Now: A Photographic Journey (2008) by Marsden History Group, page 12.