Edward Hill (c.1898-1916)
An ongoing project to commemorate and research the lives of those who appear on war memorials and rolls of honour in the local area, who served in the military, or whose deaths were linked to conflict.
Huddersfield's Roll of Honour: 1914-1922
The following extract is from Huddersfield's Roll of Honour: 1914-1922 (2014) by J. Margaret Stansfield:
- HILL, EDWARD. Private. No 27358. 10th Battalion Royal Warwickshire Regiment. Formerly No 6235 Duke of Wellington's Regiment. Eldest son of Mr and Mrs John Hill, 28a, Lowerhead Row, Huddersfield. Educated Crow Lane Board School, Milnsbridge. Prior to enlistment, was employed in the goods yard at Longwood Station. Was mobilised with the local Territorial battalion at the outbreak of war and had served in Ireland. Died of wounds at No 49 Casualty Clearing Station, 21.11.1916, aged 18 years. Buried CONTAY BRITISH CEMETERY. Grave location:- Plot 4, Row E, Grave 11.
- ROH:- Crow Lane Board School, Milnsbridge.
Commonwealth War Graves Commission
- Private HILL
- regiment: Royal Warwickshire Regiment
- died: Tuesday, November 21, 1916
- record ID: 81441
- Commonwealth War Graves Commission (ID #81441)
- Imperial War Museums: Lives of the First World War (ID #1872133)