Edmund Reginald Walton (1899-1917)
Huddersfield's Roll of Honour: 1914-1922
The following extract is from Huddersfield's Roll of Honour: 1914-1922 (2014) by J. Margaret Stansfield:
- WALTON, EDMUND REGINALD. Private. No 366768. 2nd/1st Northern Cyclist Battalion, attached Northumberland Fusiliers. Born 20 Pavement, York 6.1.1899. Son of Ernest Robert and Mary Ellen Walton. Educated Pannal Ash College, Harrogate. Employed as a draper's apprentice in Huddersfield. Lived 7 West Hill, Huddersfield. Attended Holy Trinity Church. Single. Enlisted 21.2.1917. Died of tuberculosis on 6.6.1917 at 4th Military Hospital, Lincoln, aged 18 years. Buried YORK CEMETERY. Grave location:- B1.3827.
- ROH:- Holy Trinity Church, Huddersfield.
Commonwealth War Graves Commission
- Private EDMUND REGINALD WALTON
- regiment: Northern Cyclist Battalion
- died: Wednesday, June 6, 1917
- age: 18 years
- record ID: 408318