This page is a bare-bones entry for a location which appears on an historic Ordnance Survey map. More detailed information may eventually be added...
- appears on maps: 1851 [#158], 1892 [#38], 1905 [#43]
- location on map: off New North Road (now Edgerton Road), Edgerton
- status: still exists
- category: private house
- notes: set in large gardens, residence of Edward Armitage circa 1850s
Historic England Listing
- Grade II
- first listed 29 September 1978
- listing entry number 1134254
EDGERTON ROAD (South Side). Edgerton. Edgerton Hill. Mid C19. Ashlar. Hipped stone slate roof. Two storeys. Moulded eaves cornice. Blocking course. South elevation has 3 ranges of sashes. Porch with full entablature: double doors with semi-circular fanlight flanked by Ionic columns with open triangular pediment: sides have one round-headed sash each, with moulded imposts, voussoirs and keystones. Hammer-dressed extension of 2 window ranges to west. East front has broad semi-circular bay with 3 ranges of sashes, flanked by one range to south and 3 to north.