Edgar Wood (c.1894-1918)
Huddersfield's Roll of Honour: 1914-1922
The following extract is from Huddersfield's Roll of Honour: 1914-1922 (2014) by J. Margaret Stansfield:
- WOOD, EDGAR. Private. No 45811. 12th/13th Battalion Northumberland Fusiliers. Born Huddersfield. Only son of Sarah Wood and the late William Wood, Daisy Lea, Outlane. Employed as a cloth finisher at Gosport Mills, Outlane. Was captured by the Germans on 27.5.1918 and died as a Prisoner of War on 19.10.1918 in Germany, aged 24. Buried NIEDERZWEHREN CEMETERY, CASSEL, GERMANY. Grave location:- Plot 4, Row J, Grave 10.
- ROH:- Pole Moor Baptist Church.
Commonwealth War Graves Commission
- Private EDGAR WOOD
- regiment: Northumberland Fusiliers
- died: Saturday, October 19, 1918
- age: 24 years
- record ID: 904566
- Commonwealth War Graves Commission (ID #904566)
- Imperial War Museums: Lives of the First World War (ID #4847636)