Edgar Percival Horne (c.1882-1918)
Huddersfield's Roll of Honour: 1914-1922
The following extract is from Huddersfield's Roll of Honour: 1914-1922 (2014) by J. Margaret Stansfield:
- HORNE, EDGAR PERCIVAL. Private. No 34432. 1st Battalion King's Own Yorkshire Light Infantry. Born Golcar. Husband of Lizzie Horne, 46 Mary Brow, Golcar. Employed as a pattern weaver by Messrs Ben Hall and Son, of Milnsbridge. Served in Salonica for two years. Had only been in France for a few weeks when he was severely wounded in the chest on 18.10.1918. He was taken to the 41st Casualty Clearing Station where he died of his wounds six days later, on 24.10.1918, aged 36 years. Buried ROISEL COMMUNAL CEMETERY EXTENSION. Grave location:- Plot 2, Row D, Grave 24.
- ROH:- St. John's Church, Golcar.
Commonwealth War Graves Commission
- Private EDGAR PERCIVAL HORNE
- regiment: King's Own Yorkshire Light Infantry
- died: Thursday, October 24, 1918
- age: 36 years
- record ID: 299410
- Commonwealth War Graves Commission (ID #299410)
- Imperial War Museums: Lives of the First World War (ID #1960084)