Edgar Hamby Beaumont (c.1895-1918)
An ongoing project to commemorate and research the lives of those who appear on war memorials and rolls of honour in the local area, who served in the military, or whose deaths were linked to conflict.
Huddersfield's Roll of Honour: 1914-1922
The following extract is from Huddersfield's Roll of Honour: 1914-1922 (2014) by J. Margaret Stansfield:
- BEAUMONT, EDGAR HAMBY. Private. No 235241. 2nd Battalion Duke of Wellington's Regiment. Son of Mr and Mrs Joe Beaumont of Wilshaw, Meltham. Employed by Messrs Josiah France Limited of Honley. Enlisted October 1915. Killed in action, 28.3.1918, aged 22 years. Has no known grave. Commemorated on the ARRAS MEMORIAL TO THE MISSING.
- ROH:- St. Bartholomew's Church, Meltham; Wilshaw Church, Meltham.
Commonwealth War Graves Commission
- Private EDGAR HAMBY BEAUMONT
- regiment: Duke of Wellington's Regiment (West Riding)
- died: Thursday, March 28, 1918
- age: 22 years
- record ID: 740366
- History of Netherthong: Wilshaw and its World War 1 Heroes
- Commonwealth War Graves Commission (ID #740366)
- Imperial War Museums: Lives of the First World War (ID #265405)