East Golcar (hamlet)
East Golcar was one of the two hamlets within the Township of Golcar, the other being West Golcar. The hamlet was part of the Manor of Wakefield.
Situated within the hamlet were the habitations of Golcar, Leymoor, and Scapegoat Hill, along with Golcar Workhouse and St. John's Church.
The boundaries of the two hamlets (as marked on the 1854 O.S. map) are shown below:
The extent of East Golcar is shown below: