Dyson Cartwright (1889-1918)
Huddersfield's Roll of Honour: 1914-1922
The following extract is from Huddersfield's Roll of Honour: 1914-1922 (2014) by J. Margaret Stansfield:
- CARTWRIGHT, DYSON. Private. No M/272121. V1 Corps Mechanical Transport Company, Army Service Corps. Born Jacob's Row, Lockwood, 17.11.1889. Son of the late William Henry and Hannah Cartwright; husband of Edith Cartwright, 202 Whitehead Road, Primrose Hill. Educated at Mount Pleasant Board School, Huddersfield. Employed as a motor driver. Enlisted 27.11.1916. Accidentally drowned in France, 11.8.1918, aged 28. Buried HUBY-St. LEU BRITISH CEMETERY. Grave location:- Row D, Grave 2.
- ROH:- Lockwood Baptist Church.
Commonwealth War Graves Commission
- Private DYSON CARTWRIGHT
- regiment: Army Service Corps
- died: Sunday, August 11, 1918
- age: 28 years
- record ID: 591507
- Commonwealth War Graves Commission (ID #591507)
- Imperial War Museums: Lives of the First World War (ID #739012)