The property was listed as a licensed premises in the 1803 register with Joseph Holroyd named as the landlord.
At the Brewster Sessions of 1868, the licencee was named as Ann Holroyd. Her nephew was Alcander Holroyd, after whom the beerhouse was nicknamed.
The premises was a beerhouse in the 1870s, but is listed as being fully licensed in the 1897 Licence Register, by which time boundary changes had absorbed Lingards into Slaithwaite.
By around 1940, it had been renamed the White House.